Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tourist trap

I don't consider myself a very savvy or myvi traveler, but look at this picture:


This is a seafood restaurant that I dined for dinner at Tanjung Tualang after coming down from Cameron Highlands. See that 'Willkommnen' there? It means 'Welcome' in German. Now perhaps it is not fair or accurate for me to say this, but if you happen to see a stall that doesnt look too classy and is not in a fancy location (as compared to Bukit Bintang for example), and it happens to spot some foreign signs such as this one, my guess is it's probably a tourist trap, waiting to overcharge gwai lous! I would love to hear you comment on this one.

1 comment:

Angie said...

This is hilarious! And too true! I am a Canadian who lived in the Dominican Republic for two years, and there was a store called "Cheaper than Wal-Mart". This was an obvious shot at achieving common-ground/familiarity with North Americans, but strangely enough, the prices were ridiculous!
I really enjoyed surfing your blog!